Acrylic manufacturer for professionals
Do you need Plexiglass acrylic plastic for your company or your profession? At Polimer Tecnic we are manufacturers of Plexiglass acrylic plastic and we offer you the solutions you need for your day-to-day life. We offer custom acrylic plastic, as well as in sheets and other forms and shapes. If you need to buy acrylic plastic, count on us!
WHAT IS Acrylic Plastic?
Methyl methacrylate is the organic compound from which the polymethyl methacrylate, also known as PMMA, Plexiglass or acrylic glass. Some trademarks have also named the material as Plexiglas or Vitroflex®. The latter emerged as a product manufactured in Spain with technology imported from Germany at the end of the 50s.
At the same time, the technology was already exported to Chile, where the first acrylic plastic factory with totally Spanish technology was set up. Its most frequent presentation in the plastics industry is in granules ('pellets' in English), in sheets or plates, tubes or rods. The granules are for the injection or extrusion process, the sheets for thermoforming or machining, as well as the tubes and rods.
At Polimer Tecnic we specialize in manufacturing custom acrylic plastic. However, if you prefer, we also put at your disposal methacrylate plates that you can easily buy on our website.
Plexiglass acrylic plastic sheets and their properties
- About 93% transparency. It is the most transparent of plastics.
- High impact resistance, more than ten times that of glass
- Resistant to the weather and ultraviolet rays.
- There is no appreciable aging in ten years of outdoor exposure.
- Excellent thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Light compared to glass (about half), with a density of 1,2 kg / dm3 it is only slightly heavier than water.
- Hardness similar to aluminum: scratches on metal objects, but acrylic is very easily repaired with a polishing paste.
- Easy to burn, it does not go out when removed from the fire. Its gases have fruity and crackles on burning smell.
- It does not produce any toxic gas when it burns, so we can consider it a very safe product for elements close to people like wood.
- Great ease of machining and molding.
- It is sold in rectangular sheets between 2 and 120 mm thick. It exists with various degrees of resistance (in about twelve different qualities) and numerous colors.
- Its surface is protected with a polyethylene film to avoid scratching when handling it.
- It can be cold machined but not bent. To bend it you have to apply local heat or heat the entire piece. The latter is a complex industrial process that requires specialized machinery and molds.
USES OF PLEXIGLASS ACRYLIC PLASTIC SHEETS
- Car industry
- Decoration and optics
ADVANTAGES OF ACRYLIC PLASTIC SHEETS
- Better transparency and less brittleness than glass.
- Better transparency and resistance to the elements compared to other plastics.
- Easy molding and its possible repair in case of any superficial scratch. MMA is not toxic if fully polymerized. Its component is MMA (methyl acrylic monomer) if it is in liquid phase
- The acrylic sheets are the polymeric material with the best recyclability, closing a complete product cycle, being able to obtain again the raw material with which it was made with a simple thermal cracking process. We can obtain the original material again without having to reprocess the remnants into by-products as is usually the case in all plastics.
- If you need more information about acrylic sheets online or want to know our prices, do not hesitate to contact us.
TYPES OF PLEXIGLASS ACRYLIC PLASTIC FOR PROFESSIONALS
We are going to know the different types of acrylic plastic that exist. Its most frequent presentation is in flat plates or sheets obtained by extrusion or casting process.
Plexiglass acrylic plastic is half the weight of glass, it is much more transparent (it can be colorless, colored, translucent or opaque). It is easily molded when hot, resists up to a constant temperature of 90ºC, resists very well the passage of time and exposure to the outside and solar radiation, and can be polished, ground, drilled or machined with simple tools.
Plexiglass acrylic plastic is a product ideal for manufacturing a wide variety of items and where we combine, always preserving its great rigidity and resistance: design, color, shape, resistance to breakage and high optical quality.
We have one wide variety of types of Plexiglass acrylic plastic for exterior, interior, anti-abrasion, suitable for food use, improved impact; in addition to multiple colors and customizable finishes: mirror, smooth, gloss, matte, textured, machined …
All our products are endorsed by the CE certificate.
At Polimer Tecnic we distribute:
- Pouring Plexiglass acrylic plastic plates
- Extrusion Plexiglass acrylic plastic plates
- Anti-abrasion Plexiglass acrylic plastic plates
- Mirror Plexiglass acrylic plastic plates
- Metal Plexiglass acrylic plastic plates
- High thickness Plexiglass acrylic plastic blocks
CLEAR PLEXIGLASS ACRYLIC PLASTIC
Within the types of methacrylate that we distribute and that they have better results for our clients we highlight the transparent Plexiglass acrylic plastic or also called Vitroflex Aquarium. It is one of the products that we commercialize with the best results. It has been specifically designed to withstand the impacts in constructions that must contain water inside such as fish tanks, swimming pools, aquariums, underwater elements or submarine windows.
It's a transparent material It provides great visibility through it from 33 mm thick, therefore it is perfect for products that need a clear vision through methacrylate. It is also a completely resistant to aging product, therefore it is ideal for outdoors, taking into account that we need a long durability in our product.
It is a good material that accepts thermoforming in its composition, since it can be molded correctly at a certain temperature without emitting toxic gases that would complicate its correct handling.
CHARACTERISTICS OF TRANSPARENT Plexiglass acrylic plastic
These are them main features What will you find when you buy? Vitrofex Aquarium, clear Plexiglass acrylic plastic:
- It has an optimal performance thanks to its high molecular weight
- Good resistance to exteriors
- We have large formats and all sizes
- Good optical quality due to the high purity of its composition
- Excellent transparency
- Does not give off toxic gases when burning
- Moldable at high temperatures, making it suitable for thermoforming
- Resistant to changes in temperature
- Acoustic resistance
- Several pieces can be joined by chemical processes, creating a single piece with the joints practically imperceptible
- High durability and resistance to aging
- Resistant to possible impacts
- Ability to create large pieces with the same chemical stability and the same resistance.
- Withstands, thanks to its great thickness, high water pressures without yielding a millimeter
- Virtually zero internal stresses
RECYCLED Plexiglass acrylic plastic
Recycled Plexiglass acrylic plastic or also called Vitroflex PMMA, it is a new innovative option in the world of plastic materials. It is an alternative material to glass with greater resistance and a lightness ten times greater, that makes it one of the best materials of the market at this time and in Polymer Technic we want to present it to you.
This material has a great strength and durability, therefore, it is ideal to use it outdoors, since, we can be confident that, being unbreakable, will hold practically unalterable any inclement weather or accident that may happen, for a long time.
We must not forget that your recycled character, makes it a material completely sustainable and respectful of the environment. Although it is recycled, it has the same characteristics and effectiveness as the material that is newly created, therefore investing in recycled methacrylate is investing in quality and sustainability.
Vitroflex PMMA It is a material with which it is possible to work very well and it is possible to mold its shape by applying high temperatures without fear of breaking and without danger of intoxicating ourselves, since does not emit any type of toxic gas upon contact with combustion.
CHARACTERISTICS OF RECYCLED Plexiglass acrylic plastic
The characteristics and advantages of Plexiglass acrylic plastic recycled are many, in addition, we must not forget that with this material we are being respectful with the environment, therefore it is one of the most recommended materials.
- Respectful with the environment: This is its main characteristic, although we must not forget that it has many more. Plexiglass acrylic plastic is a material fully recyclable that never ends its cycle and can be used in an unlimited way. It does not contain toxic gases in its composition, therefore it is also a material that respects the ozone layer and the health of the people who handle it.
- It does not produce waste classified as dangerous
- Its contraction is isotropic, that is, the same on all sides
- Excellent optical transparency
- They do not produce toxic gases when burning
The Plexiglass acrylic plastic for pouring is also called Vitroflex PMMA and it is a material with excellent qualities of resistance to aging. It is able to withstand a long time outdoors, without hardly aging in its composition, it is also resistant to shocks, since it is practically unbreakable, therefore it is a good material to use outdoors.
It's a very transparent material It offers a very good optical quality to look through, therefore it is ideal to apply it in products where good visibility is needed. It's a good substitute for glass, as it provides superior resistance and a composition 10 times lighter.
In addition, the pouring Plexiglass acrylic plastic is perfect to acquire any shape that is needed, being suitable for the thermoforming and machining, since it is fully moldable at a certain temperature and allows it to be worked without any risk, because it does not expel any toxic gas during handling.
CAST Plexiglass acrylic plastic CHARACTERISTICS
To know how we can use a material, it is necessary to know perfectly its features and benefits, so that the product lasts as long as possible.
- Thanks to its transparency we achieve excellent optical quality through the material
- Outdoor resistant for long periods of time
- It does not give off toxic gases when burning, therefore, its composition does not damage the ozone layer
- 10 times lighter than glass
- Impact resistant thanks to its practically unbreakable
- It is the best material to use outdoors thanks to its resistance to aging
- Possibility of being manipulated through thermoforming
- Resistant to temperature changes
- Good acoustic resistance
METHACRYLATE MADE TO MEASURE IN POLIMER TECNIC
En Polymer Technic We offer you the option of creating your Plexiglass acrylic plastic, the type you need and the size you need. You just need to tell us what you need it for, we will do a small study to find out how we can help you and we will create the Plexiglass acrylic plastic plate with the exact dimensions you need.
Take a look at our web to see all the possibilities that there are in terms of Plexiglass acrylic plastic and choose the one that best suits the project you have in mind. Do not doubt contact us, without any kind of commitment, to resolve any doubts.