Colaplex basi glue
COLAPLEX BASI glue is a viscous glue indicated for joining methacrylate (PMMA) for extrusion and casting.
- Viscous liquid.
- Color: colorless to slightly yellow.
- Boiling point 55 ° C.
- Flash point 73ºC.
- Vapor pressure: 426,161 mmHg.
- CLP CLASSIFICATION (Regulation 1272/2008).
H302 Harmful if swallowed.
H315 Causes skin irritation.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
H335 May irritate the respiratory tract.
H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
H351 Suspected of causing cancer.
H373 May cause damage to the liver and blood through prolonged exposure or
repeated by ingestion.
- This product is not dangerous for transport (not ADR).
SAFETY AND STORAGE TIPS:
- Keep away from: strong oxidizing agents, acids and bases, alkaline amides, alcohols,
amines, metals, aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Hydrochloric acid (corrosive) can be generated at high temperatures.
- Store the containers between 5 and 25 ºC, in a dry and well-ventilated place, away from sources of
heat and direct sunlight. Once the containers are opened, they must be closed again
carefully and place them vertically to avoid spillage. Store in the container
For bonding and bonding extrusion and casting polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) materials.
The parts to be treated must be free of tension, thus avoiding microcracks due to the action of the solvent.
Tests can also be carried out for gluing other plastic materials.
- Application: with a small bottle or syringe fitted with a cannula or needle on the edges of
the pieces to be joined in the finished position. Bonded by evaporation of the solvent, leaving
the polymer adhered to the faces. It does not cover gaps.
- Before final gluing: carry out as many tests as necessary to
check that the behavior of the pieces to be joined corresponds to the result
wanted. To avoid the formation of bubbles, the pieces to be joined must be completely free
of impurities and with perfect planimetry. Exert adequate pressure during gluing.
- Recommended temperature for gluing: 20-24ºC in a dry place.
- Adhesive bonding time: few minutes (depending on the amount used). Do not move the
pieces joined by gluing until after 12 hours.
- Preferential consumption: 2 years from the date of packaging, according to the conditions of