Recycled cast methacrylate
Methacrylate is an unbreakable material, often used as an alternative to glass. Its demand is increasing, and in Polymer Technic, experts in plastic materials, we want to offer you new options. The recycled methacrylate is one of them. This material has a lightness ten times greater than glass. In addition, its great resistance aging makes him a excellent product for outdoor use, remaining practically unalterable outdoors. Without forgetting its recyclable nature, which make it a sustainable material that is totally respectful of the environment.
Recycled casting VITROFLEX PMMA, as it is called, is also a material for easy handling which in turn offers good performance in temperature fluctuations and does not release toxic gases in combustion. The qualities of its components allow it to undergo various processes without losing its properties.
Thus, choosing our recycled methacrylate is betting on the quality and sustainability, always bearing in mind that ecological methacrylate is as effective as the one manufactured for the first time. In short, an increasingly important option to consider.
Ecological methacrylate is a material that contributes to sustainable development since the planet is less and less exposed to being polluted, but this is not its only advantage. We tell you some of the most important ones below.
- Environmentally friendly: Recycled cast methacrylate sheets are produced from recycled raw materials (recycled methyl methacrylate monomer) and can be recycled indefinitely. They also do not contain toxic materials, halogens or heavy metals that can cause damage to the environment or health risks. Like it does not contain Bisphenol-A. Substances that deplete the ozone layer (ODP) are not used in the manufacture of recycled methacrylate sheets, so they do not release polluting substances into the environment during their manufacture.
- They do not produce toxic or corrosive gases when burned: fires can be extinguished with water.
- It can be used for energy recovery and chemical recycling: By doing so, the raw material is obtained again, closing the cycle of recyclability of the material.
- Your waste is not classified as hazardous waste: Small amounts can be disposed of as household waste, and large amounts must be disposed of for recycling.
- Optical quality: eco-friendly methacrylate sheets are tested according to various parameters that determine their optical quality. It complies with the ISO 7823-1 standard.
- They contract isotropically: Unlike the extrusion process, eco-friendly methacrylate sheets contract isotropically (the same in all directions). Recycled sheets can shrink up to 2% in each direction.
At Polimer Tecnic we have two standard sizes:
- Thickness 3-6mm, dimension: 3050X2050mm.
- Thickness 8-20mm, dimension: 3050X2030mm.
But do you need something concrete? We offer plates cut to size, adapting to the needs of each client.
Standard recycled methacrylate sheets are colorless and transparent. However, they can be pigmented to obtain multiple colors, depending on what is needed for each occasion. They are available in transparent colors and in a wide range of translucent, opaque, opales and diffusers. It should also be noted that the recycled colored sheets maintain the same percentages of light transmission regardless of thickness.
They can also be manipulated like standard cast methacrylate, being able to laser cut, mill, polish, hot bending, molding, thermoforming, sticking with all kinds of adhesives, printing, screen printing, etc.
Ecological methacrylate is a material that has multiple uses. It competes in applications with other plastics such as polycarbonate (PC), but stands out against other transparent plastics in terms of weather resistance, transparency and scratch resistance. For this reason, it is very common to use it outdoors, although it has many other applications.
- Decoration and architecture: Due to its high resistance and transparency, it can be used to create roofs, furniture, enclosures and partitions, glazing and protection or urban furniture, both indoors and outdoors.
- Engravings and serigraphs: It can be used for illuminated signs and other decorative elements.
- Advertising and signage: Due to its lightness, it is widely used in signage, advertising posters and exhibitors, POS.
- Catering and hospitality: Being a harmless and safe material to be in contact with food, it is used for example for menu holders and brochures.
- Other uses: other common applications are aquariums, basketball backboards, skylights and skylights or greenhouses, among others.
Especificaciones técnicas: https://www.polimertecnic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/1BKdybVTj7FI6MTk3eCPiWrkDD8zhXwaq.jpg
Ficha técnica (Castellano): https://www.polimertecnic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/1dooVWeJHwNlBLw2OqNbcQW-XQVMdLqbV.pdf
Data sheet (English): https://www.polimertecnic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/1BinRCFrt4M5di9TnuG4fKewEBebWvbn6.pdf
Programa de Suministro: https://www.polimertecnic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/1S2MG93oB56wFze2Efm6lqzPF1RPkNV4w.pdf
Resistencia Química: https://www.polimertecnic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/1Sk8Bg3ipBqEMlSsHrUB_FrvtBI5FhYXA.pdf
Documentos adicionales: https://www.polimertecnic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/1p3Cs6xPPRKfiHaRm6uxupX71wgQtr-uA.pdf