Cristal vs Acrílico: ¿Qué uso en mi acuario?
When it comes to recreating an environment that will contain water and marine life, the choice will be between two well-known materials: glass and acrylic.
Both have qualities that make them ideal for aquariums, so we are going to make a comparison between them.
Let us remember that glass has been available to make aquariums since the 70th century, while acrylic only began to be used in the XNUMXs. Let us take a closer look at the characteristics of these elements.
- Weight. Glass is denser, therefore heavier. Acrylic is 4-10 times lighter than its counterpart.
- Rupture or cracked. A considerable impact could crack and even break the glass. On the other hand, to break or crack the acrylic the impact force will have to be much greater. In addition, methacrylate has greater frepair acility
- Shape. Glass is relatively rigid, so it is difficult to mold it to make non-rectangular figures. Due to its versatility, any design you want can be achieved with acrylic. Also at competitive prices.
- Stiffness and support. Glass is capable of holding much more water weight than acrylic, although the support base must be strong enough and perfectly level.
- Resistance. To have good strength, glass needs to be thicker than acrylic, regardless of the size of the aquarium. Much superior resistance to light earthquakes and tremors. Resistance to high pressure and bending without risk of microcracks.
- Absolute transparency: absence of green glass.
- Large dimensions. Up to 40 meters in one piece.
- Recyclability and easy maintenance
- Price range. When it comes to making bulky tanks, prices are level and vary depending on the shipment
Do you need material to set up your aquarium? Contact us!
It is becoming easier and easier to customize every detail of your interior and exterior design. In fact, plastic and combined materials create unique environments and are the great allies of architects and designers. Polymer Technic we are a company specialized in the sale of materials of a wide variety of plastics,…Read more
Solutions for cladding facades have probably taken a qualitative leap in recent decades. And in our company we are aware that the market demand tends to bet on materials that allow efficient, aesthetic, sustainable and also economical constructions. In that sense, the aluminum composite panel facades are one of the most demanded products…Read more
Rigid plastics are used in many industries and sectors for their properties and advantages. There are many types of rigid plastic, but some of the most common are methacrylate plates, polycarbonate plates, PVC plates, foamed PVC plates, PETG plates, ABS plates. Each has its own characteristics and uses. Polypropylene, polystyrene, nylon,…Read more
A display or PLV is an advertising element where promotional messages are communicated and products can also be displayed at points of sale. Used in supermarkets, boutiques, department stores, fairs, hotels, perfumeries, beauty centers, opticians, travel agencies, etc. They are the best allies in the world of marketing, to highlight any…Read more
Every day it is more common that the old idea about plastic as a polluting material is changing trend. Although it is true that plastic waste tends to be polluting, in turn said waste can be recycled virtually unlimitedly.At an architectural level, plastic allows applications in which its lightness and resistance to…Read more
More and more sectors are betting on this type of polypropylene, from the world of advertising, industry and architecture, but what?what is alveolar polypropylene? From Polimer Tecnic, manufacturers in plastic materials, we want to offer a complete guide on this versatile material. WHAT IS ALVEOLAR POLYPROPYLENE? Alveolar polypropylene is a resistant and…Read more
At Polimer Tecnic we have a wide range of colored methacrylate, ranging from transparent colored methacrylate, through translucent methacrylate to opaque methacrylate, which has a greater color saturation, preventing the passage of light. At Polimer Tecnic we make all kinds of custom colors and we have various textures or surface finishes…Read more
At Polimer Tecnic we meet customers who ask us, how many types of methacrylate are there? CAST METHACRYLATE VS. EXTRUSION METHACRYLATE What is the difference between casting and extrusion methacrylate? There are mainly two types of methacrylate: casting methacrylate and extrusion methacrylate, which differ in their production process.The production process of pouring methacrylate it…Read more
Polycarbonate is one of our most impact resistant materials, and the combination with a high strength coating makes it an excellent glazing material for many applications.Although it is true that we are used to defining it as anti-scratch or anti-scratch polycarbonate, in reality, we should name it as anti-abrasion polycarbonate. The…Read more
On May 17th, on the occasion of the international recycling day, the Plastic Museum. This ephemeral museum, built entirely with this material, was created to highlight the multiple properties of plastic, which has to deal with the prejudices of users, but which is vital in our days. All the material in the museum,…Read more