EXTRUSION METHACRYLATE APPLICATIONS
At Polimer Tecnic we meet customers who ask us, how many types of methacrylate are there?
CAST METHACRYLATE VS. EXTRUSION METHACRYLATE
What is the difference between casting and extrusion methacrylate? There are mainly two types of methacrylate: casting methacrylate and extrusion methacrylate, which differ in their production process.
- The production process of pouring methacrylate it is more traditional and is carried out by pouring molten acrylic between two pieces of glass, which form the mold. The material hardens thanks to the polymerization process, which consists of gradual cooling and heating of the plate.
- for the manufacture of Vitroflex PMMA extrusion, Extruder machines process molten acrylic pellets between their rollers, pressing the material into solid plates as the pellet cools. Extrusion methacrylate has excellent transparency and is very easy to handle, allowing simple cutting, milling and polishing processes with carpentry tools.
QUALITIES OF EXTRUSION METHACRYLATE
There are many qualities of extrusion methacrylate, and that makes it the perfect ally in the creation of many everyday objects. Extrusion methacrylate is suitable for thermoforming and machining and does not give off toxic combustion gases. It is a highly transparent material with better impact resistance than glass and is ten times lighter than glass. It is a product that remains unchanged over time maintaining its properties, transparency and brightness. Below, you will find a list that will help you understand the multiple applications that extrusion methacrylate has:
- Good resistance
- Excellent transparency.
- Cheaper cost than casting methacrylate.
- Allows screen printing.
- Possibility of manufacturing large lengths under minimum order.
- Suitable for exterior applications.
- Greater thickness accuracy than cast methacrylate.
- It allows wide productions of material.
- Faster production process than casting methacrylate.
- Free of halogens.
USES OF EXTRUSION METHACRYLATE
The advantages of extrusion methacrylate allow a wide variety of applications, among which the following stand out:
- Both mobile and fixed protection screens for airports, at check-in counters check-in, car rental offices, currency exchange offices, information counters…etc.
- Protection dividing panels or screens for public libraries, at main counters or shared reading tables.
- Protection walls in the checkout line of supermarkets.
- Protection screens for food in: greengrocers, butchers, fishmongers…
- Dividing partitions within work centers.
At Polimer Tecnic we can carry out different extrusion methacrylate handling processes such as: cutting, polishing and joining pieces. All of these allow the adaptation of the extrusion methacrylate plates to the space and/or project that you need. That’s why we encourage you to contact us whenever you want for your projects with this material. Do not hesitate to call us to offer you our best quote.
Rigid plastics are used in many industries and sectors for their properties and advantages. There are many types of rigid plastic, but some of the most common are methacrylate plates, polycarbonate plates, PVC plates, foamed PVC plates, PETG plates, ABS plates. Each has its own characteristics and uses.Polypropylene, polystyrene, nylon, polycarbonate…Read more
A display or PLV is an advertising element where promotional messages are communicated and products can also be displayed at points of sale. Used in supermarkets, boutiques, department stores, fairs, hotels, perfumeries, beauty centers, opticians, travel agencies, etc. They are the best allies in the world of marketing, to highlight any…Read more
Every day it is more common that the old idea about plastic as a polluting material is changing trend. Although it is true that plastic waste tends to be polluting, in turn said waste can be recycled virtually unlimitedly.At an architectural level, plastic allows applications in which its lightness and resistance to…Read more
More and more sectors are betting on this type of polypropylene, from the world of advertising, industry and architecture, but what?what is alveolar polypropylene? From Polimer Tecnic, manufacturers in plastic materials, we want to offer a complete guide on this versatile material. WHAT IS ALVEOLAR POLYPROPYLENE? Alveolar polypropylene is a resistant and…Read more
At Polimer Tecnic we have a wide range of colored methacrylate, ranging from transparent colored methacrylate, through translucent methacrylate to opaque methacrylate, which has a greater color saturation, preventing the passage of light. At Polimer Tecnic we make all kinds of custom colors and we have various textures or surface finishes…Read more
Polycarbonate is one of our most impact resistant materials, and the combination with a high strength coating makes it an excellent glazing material for many applications.Although it is true that we are used to defining it as anti-scratch or anti-scratch polycarbonate, in reality, we should name it as anti-abrasion polycarbonate. The…Read more
Vitroflex PC anti-abrasion is the polycarbonate with a hardened surface coating and similar appearance to glass, from Polimer Tecnic. It has a high resistance to breakage and abrasion, which allows its use in parts for public transport vehicles. Anti-abrasion polycarbonate has great chemical resistance, allowing it to be properly disinfected with…Read more
On May 17th, on the occasion of the international recycling day, the Plastic Museum. This ephemeral museum, built entirely with this material, was created to highlight the multiple properties of plastic, which has to deal with the prejudices of users, but which is vital in our days. All the material in the museum,…Read more
With the arrival of good weather we want to adapt our porches, gardens and terraces, to be able to enjoy them to the fullest. Although awnings are usually the classic option for these spaces, at Polimer Tecnic we invite you to discover our original and durable options to fill your outdoor…Read more
The plastic materials used in the world of construction and architecture allow a wide flexibility and great constructive possibilities. That is why the methacrylate for facades It allows you to achieve really attractive applications that end up marking the character of the building and that are very attractive both for residential buildings and for those buildings dedicated exclusively to commercial activities.