What is alveolar polypropylene? : Uses and characteristics
More and more sectors are betting on this type of polypropylene, from the world of advertising, industry and architecture, but what?what is alveolar polypropylene? From Polimer Tecnic, manufacturers in plastic materials, we want to offer a complete guide on this versatile material.
WHAT IS ALVEOLAR POLYPROPYLENE?
Alveolar polypropylene is a resistant and light material, ideal for creating packaging to protect, separate and transport goods. Its great versatility allows adaptation to multiple sectors in which the food, pharmaceutical or cosmetic sectors stand out. Easy to handle, it is suitable for the design of any type of signage and packaging, characterized by its lightness, rigidity, resistance to chemical products, resistance to weathering and its exceptional flatness. Is the ecological alternative to foamed PVCIt does not contain harmful substances, it is easily recyclable and its combustion does not generate toxic gases.
This is one of the most suitable materials for printing, in reference to its quality/price. Compared to other materials, such as methacrylate or PVC, polypropylene is a unique product in terms of value for money, which also allows its reuse. Now that you are clear about what alveolar polypropylene is, we are going to study its main characteristics:
ALVEOLAR POLYPROPYLENE: CHARACTERISTICS
- Great resistance to fracture and tear: Alveolar polypropylene is a very resistant product that withstands strong blows and will hardly break or suffer scratches, which is why it is widely used outdoors.
- Soundproofing and insulating characteristics: Another reason why this plastic is used in architecture is precisely because it has insulating properties and effectively dampens sound.
- Suitable for food use: Many people in the food industry ask themselves: What is foam polypropylene? The truth is that, although it may seem surprising, this material is also common in this sector, since it does not leave toxic substances that could affect the food it protects.
- Optimum quality/price ratio: Thanks to the characteristics of this product, it is a good alternative to foamed PVC, a more expensive material with similar characteristics.
- easily actionable: At Polimer Tecnic we know our product very well, and for this reason we can affirm that the process of creating and manufacturing this material is much easier than with other plastic materials.
- Good rigidity: Another characteristic of this type of polypropylene is its hardness and rigidity. It does not bend easily and can withstand great impact.
- Resistant to water and humidity: Another characteristic of this product that makes it suitable for exteriors is precisely its resistance to humidity and rain.
- good chemical resistance: In the industry it is common to find this plastic material as it resists possible spills of chemical products, making it a very safe material to work with.
- Great resistance to compression: In the same way that it has good rigidity, cellular polypropylene also resists compression well.
- Lightweight: Unlike other materials, cellular polypropylene weighs little, making it useful for a wide variety of everyday uses, from boxes, dividers and more.
- Reusable: Today it is important that the materials we use are environmentally friendly. It is for this reason that another of the characteristics of this product is that it can be easily reused.
USES OF ALVEOLAR POLYPROPYLENE
- Protective packaging.
- pallet protection
- construction applications
- Floor and wall panels
- trade show booth walls
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ALVEOLAR AND CELLULAR POLYPROPYLENE
The main difference between alveolar and cellular polypropylene is their density and their internal structure shape.
alveolar polypropylene It is a thermoplastic polymer sheet that comes in a wide variety of colors, although it is usually used in white. It is made up of a coextruded honeycomb core that gives it rigidity. Direct printing on foamed polypropylene offers unique results. It is a material, unlike cellular, that offers great flatness and a great print finish. This base is ideal for business signs or shop signs.
El cellular polypropylene (PP, according to its abbreviation in English), is a thermoplastic polymer that is used in endless applications as an ideal product for packaging projects and the textile industry. It is an ideal material for real estate signs, signage of construction billboards or ephemeral outdoor signage, among others.
HOW IS POLYPROPYLENE PRINTED?
Alveolar polypropylene is indicated for use in posters both exteriors and interiors and the impressions can be single-sided or double-sided. A varnish can be added to the finish to add shine and protect the surface of the poster. The alveolar polypropylene allows the corona treatment that provides a higher quality of the impression.
Although the most common types are natural or white alveolar polypropylene, there is a wide variety of colors for this material, such as green alveolar.
ALVEOLAR POLYPROPYLENE FOR OUTDOORS
The resistance and versatility of this material make it a product suitable for outdoors, thanks to its interior cell design. Its inner honeycomb structure makes alveolar polypropylene very light, insulates, and at the same time is very resistant. Also, it is not easily deformed.
Now that you know: What is foam polypropylene? and you have known its uses and characteristics, we invite you to place your orders at Polimer Tecnic, a company with many years of experience working with and for professionals from all kinds of sectors and offering the best solutions for plastic materials. Contact us For a tailor-made budget for your project, we will gladly assist you.
Rigid plastics are used in many industries and sectors for their properties and advantages. There are many types of rigid plastic, but some of the most common are methacrylate plates, polycarbonate plates, PVC plates, foamed PVC plates, PETG plates, ABS plates. Each has its own characteristics and uses.Polypropylene, polystyrene, nylon, polycarbonate…Read more
A display or PLV is an advertising element where promotional messages are communicated and products can also be displayed at points of sale. Used in supermarkets, boutiques, department stores, fairs, hotels, perfumeries, beauty centers, opticians, travel agencies, etc. They are the best allies in the world of marketing, to highlight any…Read more
Every day it is more common that the old idea about plastic as a polluting material is changing trend. Although it is true that plastic waste tends to be polluting, in turn said waste can be recycled virtually unlimitedly.At an architectural level, plastic allows applications in which its lightness and resistance to…Read more
At Polimer Tecnic we have a wide range of colored methacrylate, ranging from transparent colored methacrylate, through translucent methacrylate to opaque methacrylate, which has a greater color saturation, preventing the passage of light. At Polimer Tecnic we make all kinds of custom colors and we have various textures or surface finishes…Read more
At Polimer Tecnic we meet customers who ask us, how many types of methacrylate are there? CAST METHACRYLATE VS. EXTRUSION METHACRYLATE What is the difference between casting and extrusion methacrylate? There are mainly two types of methacrylate: casting methacrylate and extrusion methacrylate, which differ in their production process.The production process of pouring methacrylate it…Read more
Polycarbonate is one of our most impact resistant materials, and the combination with a high strength coating makes it an excellent glazing material for many applications.Although it is true that we are used to defining it as anti-scratch or anti-scratch polycarbonate, in reality, we should name it as anti-abrasion polycarbonate. The…Read more
Vitroflex PC anti-abrasion is the polycarbonate with a hardened surface coating and similar appearance to glass, from Polimer Tecnic. It has a high resistance to breakage and abrasion, which allows its use in parts for public transport vehicles. Anti-abrasion polycarbonate has great chemical resistance, allowing it to be properly disinfected with…Read more
On May 17th, on the occasion of the international recycling day, the Plastic Museum. This ephemeral museum, built entirely with this material, was created to highlight the multiple properties of plastic, which has to deal with the prejudices of users, but which is vital in our days. All the material in the museum,…Read more
With the arrival of good weather we want to adapt our porches, gardens and terraces, to be able to enjoy them to the fullest. Although awnings are usually the classic option for these spaces, at Polimer Tecnic we invite you to discover our original and durable options to fill your outdoor…Read more
The plastic materials used in the world of construction and architecture allow a wide flexibility and great constructive possibilities. That is why the methacrylate for facades It allows you to achieve really attractive applications that end up marking the character of the building and that are very attractive both for residential buildings and for those buildings dedicated exclusively to commercial activities.