10 tips to keep in mind about the quality of aluminum composite panels
In the market there are countless issues that have to do with the different qualities of the aluminum composite panels – ACP. For that reason, the prices that can be found are also very different from each other. Since Polymer Technic We want to help you find the value for money that your project needs, and for that reason we are going to show you some tips with which to detect the quality of each material.
- You should check the thickness against the requirements stated on the label. Keep in mind that while the thickness of the piece is essential, the thickness of the aluminum is even more so, and this will be one of the most relevant variables in terms of price. Our recommendations for signage are around 0.2mm thick for aluminum sheet since it allows bending without breaking and not being excessively expensive, and 3mm thick for the panel.
- Another issue to take into account is the percentage of steel in the plate. To do this, use a magnet as a simple detection method, good aluminum is low in steel and does not attract magnets.
- The qualities of aluminum are another of the variables that affect the quality of the aluminum composite panel. To verify this, make a 90 degree miter on one of the faces and check that it can be bent without breaking the sheet or the paint coming off.
- Another characteristic to review to recognize the quality of good aluminum composite panels is the type of surface. In fact, it must be smooth, without ripples or roughness and must not present bubbles or scratches.
- If the aluminum foil comes off easily when accessing the core, you are likely to have problems in the future with that type of aluminum composite panel.
- Similarly, another test on the internal material is to try to damage it. If it breaks easily, it is an adulteration and it will be faced with a low or no quality. If the resistance to burning leaves impurities in the area, it may be a PE adulterated with additives that probably reduce its qualities.
- If rubbing two aluminum composite panels between them the paint skips, it is another symbol that the quality is not good. The paint layer must be uniform and have strong adhesion.
- The surface protection must be done with polyethylene adhesive film with medium adhesion. In this way, protection is guaranteed, but also its handling.
- If it is to be applied on a facade, It must also be checked that the paint quality is of the PVDF type to ensure optimal aging.
- The last test that can be performed is the most complex, as it would have to be run in a laboratory. Check how humidity, solar radiation or temperature affect the panel it is something that can be measured and that some manufacturers certify independently.
CHOOSE THE ALUMINUM COMPOSITE PANEL YOU NEED
The price difference between aluminum composite panels on the market is huge. Keep in mind that they can vary between 8 and 25 euros on average per panel. Therefore, knowing some of the highest quality characteristics, as well as choosing the right one for the application in question, is the key to finding the optimal material for the project. At Polimer Tecnic we are a specialized company that we can offer you the advice you require to choose the best value for money. We speak?
The most advanced materials allow the development of specific solutions for the industry that are adapted to the needs of your company. At Polimer Tecnic, as a group specializing in plastic materials, we want to talk to you today about the possibilities offered by the anti-abrasion polycarbonate sheets in vehicles, both new construction…Read more