When it comes to glue for plastic, many people are unaware of the wide variety of alternatives on the market. In fact, it is logical that there are different glue options for plastic, as well as mounting adhesive formats. The different types of plastic, such as methacrylate, polystyrene, polypropylene, polyethylene, or PVC, and polycarbonate require specific glues.
Common plastic glue options
- Solvent-based glues for use on methacrylate. This is usually Pegacril DS and is suitable for less demanding uses. If you need a low-cost, limited-performance solution that adapts to day-to-day projects, don't hesitate to choose it.
- UV curing glues that allow replacement of the piece. In this case they are much more specific glues for plastics. They are characterized by not leaving bubbles and have a fast drying in a few minutes with a UV lamp flash. They are highly recommended for meticulous repair jobs, where a large number of parts have to be done, or for those jobs where details are really important.
- Solvent-based glues for quality work in various viscosities. In this case we are talking about really specific plastic glues. They are manufactured adapting to the different plastic materials on the market with the aim of being the perfect solution. Without being noticed absolutely nothing and with maximum resistance.
- Contact glues for PVC or for polycarbonate. Union between materials or with metals, wood or plasterboard.
- Specific glues for transparent colorless polycarbonate.
- Ultra-fast cyanoacrylate-based adhesives.
Quality and requirement.
When gluing methacrylate and other plastic materials, it is better to pay a little more and opt for a product with a reputation in the market. Only then will you achieve the best results without fear of making mistakes. At Polimer Tecnic we always work with the most specific brands. In fact, we use them ourselves in our projects and work with different types of plastics, as well as the glue for methacrylate PEGACRIL
If you still have doubts about how to glue plastic or choose the best materials for your work, you can Consult us without obligation. Also, you can take a look at our specific catalog to view the products we currently work with.